Sunday, January 17, 2010

No shame!

Ethan is in a Violence Against Women class as part of the Women's and Gender Studies Core Requirement at our university. The course is currently focusing on feminist theories and perspectives. One particular session, the professor asked the class to share words that, in their minds, were associated with sex.

And amongst all of the profanities and vulgarities, one little voice awkwardly said...

"Marriage?"

Everyone was surprised and amused. And although Ethan was a bit embarrassed to admit his lack of experience in the realm of sex, he was pleased that it gained him some fans, in addition to his biggest supporter (me!).

No shame, people. ;]

edit: I am proud of Ethan, too, you guys! ;] And I must say - this is a value we both uphold.

8 comments:

Emma said...

That's lovely :)

I've only recently started following your blog, but I think it's wonderful, a slice of life, which is what I love about blogging in general.
I was looking through some of your older posts and came across one about introducing ourselves, and I thought better late than never :D
So, hello :)
I'm Emma, and I live in a rather damp English village.
I like reading and writing, and also muffins.
:D

Allison said...

Aww, good job Ethan. I, too, associate those together.. and I think it's really great that amidst such brokenness and in a society that is fixated on materialistic and selfish needs, there are still people that think this way, too!

CupcakeSniper said...

awwww yay!!! That is soooo awesome!!!!
I miss you grace!! I hope to talk to you soon beautiful!

Celeste said...

aw so cute! i'm proud of him even though i've never met him :)

ps- you've been tagged! :)
http://celesteswanderlust.blogspot.com/2010/01/seven.html

Anna said...

that is so sweet! it can be so intimidating to say something like that in a big class! :)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

This takes courage to say things like this in a world obsessed with wanting to do whatever they please and condoning their actions in every way too. I agree that sex should definitely go hand in hand with marriage! It is something people don't value much anymore, but I do have quite a few friends who I'm close to all who stayed pure for marriage! That is something people don't even care to applaud anymore and laugh at thinking things like, "but what happens if it isn't that great on your wedding night." pish posh. . you have the rest of your lives to learn together after marriage!!!! That's the fun of it! No heartache! learning with one another AFTER marriage IS beautiful!!!!!!!!! Go Ethan!

Kandace said...

That takes guts. Way to go Ethan!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.