Thursday, June 4, 2009

Here is some happiness.

My life is filled with awesome people. I know I've been relatively negative about my past friendship experiences, but the coming of summer has made me realize how I've not been giving the friends I do have the proper acknowledgement and appreciation they deserve. So, to all of my friends out there: I acknowledge and appreciate you. And I'm not just sayin' that!

So I thought I'd paid hommage to these precious souls brave enough to be my called my friends, beginning with Audrey.

We've had some fun times together. She is a super smart, super kind, super fun lady. Tufts is lucky enough to have her as a student, and I'm lucky enough to be her friend. HOLLA!

Audrey and I went to high school together - for one year. She entered the school in ninth grade and we became friends, only to have me decide to transfer at the end of the year. Funnily, a good number of my closest relationships from middle and high school died out quickly. My one year friendship with Audrey turned into two years, three years, four years, and we're now coming on five awesome laughter-filled years.

Audrey and I have made countless walks to Safeway in our time together. We've baked an innumerable amount of cupcakes and cookies. We've gushed over boys and - well, I've listened as she tells me all about her celebrity crushes. And she's had a lot. She went to Church and youth group with me - she was one of the few friends who was not only supportive of but interested in the "rekindling" of my faith that I experienced between ninth and tenth grade of high school. And Audrey is one of those friends that I probably have taken advantage of having in the past because I know she'll always be there for me - even when I don't even know I need someone to be there for me!

Case in point: I was stressed a couple of weeks ago. Beyond belief! So much to do, so little time, and so much negative emotion swirling through my mind that I probably complained about my life to anyone who would listen. One night when I was stuck at a Tech Rehearsal for "Twelfth Night" at my University, Audrey - knowing I was not home, and going nonetheless - stopped by my house and dropped off some flowers and a plate of cookies to remind me that school was almost done and that there was summer fun to be had right around the corner. I realized when I saw these things how lonely I had been that day - and how she had been able to cheer me up in more ways than she'd planned.

Here is the little note she included. Please note her masterful use of glitter glue and sequins.

So, thank you, Audrey. You're the bomb!

No comments: