Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cupcakes with Kirsten!

My vanilla on chocolate and red velvet cupcakes plus a banana chocolate I picked up for Mumsy. Not pictured: Kirsten's delish dark chocolate cupcake.

Kirsten plus catching up plus cupcakes equals a recipe for a fun Saturday afternoon - and, as far as I'm concerned, it should become a tradition! Although, Kirsten recently found out that she's actually gluten intolerant, so that might put a damper on things. But we'll find a way to work around that. :P

I'm in love with the pattern of my skirt. I don't know why I chose to share that other than the fact that that is what I wore to our cupcake excursion. And Kirsten, about ready to dig in!

I mentioned to Kirsten that one of the many reasons I liked chatting with her was because of her "Christian" insight into situations - something that's been missing or lacking in most of my friendships lately... Kirsten and I have similar ideas and similar experiences and that's very inspiring and encouraging to me because she seems to know what she's doing. :]

Take one: Kirsten has a big head.
Take two: I have a big head!

Michelle helped me out the other day by reminding me that God provides... He gives us what we need when we need it. Apparently God thinks I'm okay right now as far as friends go. If I just trust in Him, perhaps I'll find who - or maybe even just what - I'm looking for. Maybe I'll just stop worrying and live in the moment. Still I'm confused, as I also know God wouldn't put a desire for more friends on my heart for no reason. Oh well.

Currently counting down the days til E and I fly to Long Beach.

No comments: