Saturday, August 22, 2009

Vacation Recap: Part Three.

On Thursday, Ethan and I woke up early - excited for our Disneyland trip!

While I baked some vegan biscuits (that I, too, also enjoyed with a bit of honey) for the sleeping Michelle...
Ethan shaved. This is my favorite photo from the whole trip. He's so darn cute!
Michelle bussed Ethan and me over to my family's hotel, and then we were off to the Happiest Place on Earth!
Everyone knows the real fun happens in the parking lot!
And waiting for the tram!
And waiting in line!
Ethan showed this ride who's boss.
Please notice my family's propensity to squint when we smile. Ethan's eyes look huge in comparison.
The fam in front of Cinderella's Castle. :] Ignore that weird shadow on my chest.
Tucker insisted we take "mouth shots."
Ahhh.
Kinda gross, huh? I don't know why I posted them.
???
My parents had never been to California Adventure, so that was fun. My dad, Tucker, E and I went on one of the last Tower of Terror drops. It was awesome! I think we all agree, though, that "Indiana Jones" is still one of the best rides ever. We all had a great time!
The next day, Ethan flew home while my family and I made the four hour drive to San Diego. Despite the looks on our faces, we were happy - we were at SeaWorld!
"Come on!" Please admire Tucker's blonde hair. RIP.
Oh, so this was amazing. And I'm not just talking about this food out of the complimentary all-you-can-eat buffet (delicious though it was).
A friend of my dad's has a brother-in-law who works as a trainer at Sea World. He was able to hook us up with some special passes that allowed us to eat a late lunch while whales swam and did tricks in the pool next to us. It was so cool!
Also, despite the fact that each of them have names, every whale at Sea World can be referred to as Shamu.
I couldn't help it - I kept the "SHAMWOW!" jokes going all day.
It was truly awesome... I was freaking out! Whales are the best.
Afterward, my dad even got this cute whale to wave back at him. Half-heartedly, but still!
Flink pamingoes.
Tucker, longing to be back with his kind...
We even saw some whales doin' cool stuff in the dark.

We then shuffled off to the beautiful Hotel del Cornado for some beauty rest. :]

What. A. View!!

No comments: